Well, well, well – here we are. It seems like only yesterday we were gearing up for Labor Day and the start of another college football season. Yet, here we are – the 2023 SEC Championship is on deck between the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Georgia Bulldogs! That can mean only one thing – it’s time for another patented SoBros Network drinking game!
Georgia is currently favored by six points, but I’m sure Saturday’s thrilling Iron Bowl had a lot to do with that as the number opened at Bulldogs -4 and has since been bet up. I get it. That wasn’t exactly an inspiring showing if you’re an Alabama fan still holding onto hope that this team gets into the College Football Playoff. For the Tide to do that, I think the path is pretty clear – win this one and you’re probably in. This team really jelled after losing to Texas early on and struggling to put away a scrappy South Florida team earlier in the season. Iron Bowl aside, they had really been hitting their stride.
The problem is that Georgia seems to have woken up after getting caught playing with their food early on in the season as well. They’re going for a third consecutive National Championship, and it starts with a victory over the Tide. Even if they lose, it’s hard to imagine they fall out of the playoff conversation altogether unless Alabama simply dominates them and who sees that happening? This is a business trip for Kirby Smart and company. ESPN’s match-up predictor is currently giving Georgia a 52.1% chance to win this game, with a point total set at over/under 54.5 points. You never know what can happen in big time games such as this one. So, let’s get to it – the 2023 SEC Championship Drinking Game is HERE!
2023 SEC CHAMPIONSHIP DRINKING GAME
TAKE A DRINK IF/WHEN…
- Somebody scores a touchdown. Hell, let’s just get drunk – it’s the last game of the season.
- Anyone mentions the “NFL talent” on the field for this game. Also, count “[insert player name will be playing on Sundays” as well.
- You hear the term “playoff chances.”
- You hear the term “three-peat.”
- Someone mentions Milroe’s “struggles” earlier in the year.
- There’s a turnover by either team.
- There’s a sack by either team.
- There’s a defensive/special teams touchdown.
- The lead changes.
- Carson Beck and ‘Heisman’ are mentioned in the same sentence. Double drink if he’s specifically called a ‘dark horse candidate.’
- Jalen Milroe completes a pass.
- Any Alabama pass catcher catches a 20+ yard pass. Take two drinks if it’s actually a tight end.
- Brock Bowers converts a first down.
- A different Georgia running back from the running back before him carries the ball. In other words, drink every time Georgia switches running backs.
- Jase McClellan gets a carry.
- Ladd McConkey plays….+1 drink for every time he catches a pass.
TAKE A SHOT IF/WHEN…
- Either team scores 30 points.
- This game hits the over.
- Kirby Smart or Nick Saban throw their headset.
- They show highlights from the 2012 SEC Championship.
- There’s a touchdown scored of 60 yards or more.
It’s been real, SEC fans. Another fun season is in the books. Wild how time flies. As usual, stay safe and drink responsibly out there. Remember, if you drink don’t drive do the watermelon crawl.
Stoney Keeley is the Editor in Chief of The SoBros Network, and a Dogs Playing Poker on velvet connoisseur. He is a strong supporter of Team GSD, #BeBetter, and ‘Minds right, asses tight.’ “Big Natural” covers the Tennessee Titans, Nashville, Yankee Candle, and a whole wealth of nonsense. Follow on Twitter @StoneyKeeley.
Subscribe to the SoBros Network Patreon here – $5/month gets you instant access to an exhaustive content library of articles, podcasts, and videos created exclusively for our subscribers!